Club friends of Freddy ( Club de vrienden van Freddy )

Page 4 sur 4 Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas

Re: Club friends of Freddy ( Club de vrienden van Freddy )

Message par Garen le Lun 15 Fév 2010 - 1:14

Thank you for the welcome, chaps - most kind.

I read that you also came across Chaland in Heavy Metal, Matt - for me it was The Will of Godfrey of Bouillon - I was just astounded by it. I was also a big fan of Escape (I was delighted that Rian Hughes, Peter Stanbury and Paul Gravett came to the Rainbow Orchid book launch last year). Did you know Paul and Peter are launching Escape Books this year?

(Thanks for the kind comment about RO, too - that's lovely to hear :-) - vol II went to the printer on Friday.)

Thanks again! - G

Garen

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Re: Club friends of Freddy ( Club de vrienden van Freddy )

Message par Matt le Lun 15 Fév 2010 - 15:05

Yeah, Paul did tell me that, though he's been saying that for a while!

I really hope that happens. Escape is one of my all-time favourite comics too. I hope that when it eventually happens it is at least as good as the original run! Certainly influenced my comics reading palette!

Elephant Cemetary was serialised across a number of issues of HM and although I enjoyed it immensely, it was getting the Will of Godrey de Bouillion in one complete hit in that issue of HM that sealed the deal for me too.

I have a vivid memory of being at art college in the late 80s, going to the launderette and buying that particular copy of HM, then sitting in the launderette and getting lost in that story.

Glad to see that more RO is imminent!

Matt
Matt

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Page 4 sur 4 Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut